The Second Batch of Basic Materials for Jessup 2020 is now available.
You can access it on the Competitors page or below.
- Oil Platforms (Iran v. United States), Merits, Judgment, I.C.J. Reports 2003, p. 161
- Legality of the Threat or Use of Nuclear Weapons, Advisory Opinion, I.C.J. Reports 1996, p. 226
- Decision on the Cooperation of the Democratic Republic of the Congo Regarding Omar Al Bashir’s Arrest and Surrender to the Court, Pre-Trial Chamber II, ICC-02/05-01/09 (April 9, 2014).
- Human Rights Committee, General Comment 36, CCPR/C/GC/36, 30 October 2018
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, Christof Heyns, A/HRC/23/47, 9 April 2013
- Basic Principles on the Use of Force and Firearms by Law Enforcement Officials Adopted at the Eighth United Nations Congress on the Prevention of Crime and the Treatment of Offenders
- UN Security Council Resolution 95 (1951)
- “Note verbale to the Permanent Representative of Austria to the United Nations, regarding the arrest of a member of one delegation to a meeting of the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, held in Austria from 6 to 15 June 2007”, 19 June 2007, United Nations Juridical Yearbook, 2007, pp. 401-403.
- P Dumberry, “State Succession to Bilateral Treaties: A Few Observations on the Incoherent and Unjustifiable Solution Adopted for Secession and Dissolution of States under the 1978 Vienna Convention”, 28 Leiden Journal of International Law, (2014), p. 13-31
- Council of Europe, Ad Hoc Committee of Legal Advisers on Public International Law (CAHDI), Preliminary Draft Report on the Pilot Project of the Council of Europe on State Practice Regarding State Succession and Issues of Recognition, 9 September 1998
- Giorgio Gaja, “Relationship of the ICJ with Other International Courts and Tribunals”, in Statute of the International Court of Justice: A Commentary, Andreas Zimmermann, Christian J. Tams, Karin Oellers-Frahm and Christian Tomuschat (eds), 3rd edition, 2019, pp. 647-660.
- Suzanne Bastid, The Cease-Fire, in General Report of the International Society of Military Law and the Law of War, Proceedings of the Sixth International Congress held at The Hague 22-25 May 1973
- Iryna Bogdanova, Adjudication of the GATT security clause: to be or not to be, this is the question, World Trade Institute Working Paper 01/2019
- Tim Graewart, Conflicting Laws and Jurisdictions in the Dispute Settlement Process of Regional Trade Agreements and the WTO, 1(2) Contemp. Asia Arb.J. 287 (2008).
- Caroline Henckels, Overcoming Jurisdictional Isolationism at the WTO–FTA Nexus: A Potential Approach for the WTO, 19 Eur. J. Int’l L.571 (2008)
- Kyung Kwak & Gabrielle Marceau, Overlaps and Conflicts of Jurisdiction between the World Trade Organization and Regional Trade Agreements, 41 Can. Y.B. Int’l L.83 (2003)
- Brian Mercurio, Why Compensation cannot replace trade retaliation in the WTO Dispute Settlement Understanding, 8 World Trade Rev.1 (2009)
- Joost Pauwelyn & Luiz Eduardo Salles, Forum Shopping before International Tribunals: (Real) Concerns, (Im)Possible Solutions, 42 Cornell Int’l L.J. 77 (2009)
- Arman Sarvarian, Codifying the Law of State Succession: A Futile Endeavour?
The Basic Materials are a collection of research materials designed to ensure that all teams, regardless of budget and access to information, start from the same position.